Himal Southasian magazine
23 Nov 2006
The Southasia Trust, Kathmandu, Nepal
"Himal Southasian is a monthly review magazine [ISSN 10129804 - ed.] published from Kathmandu. Through its print and online editions, the magazine provides in-depth reviews and commentary on key issues of Southasia, including India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, the Maldives, Bhutan, Burma, Tibet and Afghanistan. The website [at the URL below] includes full-text articles, as well as an exhaustive archive of past issues. Himal Southasian is a unique and pioneering publication, with writing that reflects both the socio-economic and political landscape of the region. For two decades, it has been a repository of development-based insights, assessments of current political and social trends, and explorations on diverse subjects of art, culture and history. Himal publishes several regular sections, including analyses and reports, opinions, interviews, photo features, book reviews, as well as more personalised essays. - no."
* Current issue [Volume 19, No 8 November 2006 has the following structure] Cover Story, Commentary, Reflections, Profile, Mediafile, Southasian Briefs, Contributors, Opinion, Analysis, Report, Review, Photo Feature, Southasiasphere, Editorial); * About us; * Subscribe; * Advertise; * Himal Southasian Archive (South Asian Links, Search HSA, archived issues from years 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996).
Internet Archive http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.himalmag.com
Link reported by: Nadeem Omar (notarar--at--gmail.com),
forwarded by H-Net list for Asian History and Culture (h-asia--at--h-net.msu.edu)
* Resource type [news/comments - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]:
* Publisher [academic - business - govt. - library/museum - NGO - other]:
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]:
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 - under 1,000 - under 300
- under 100 - under 30]: over 3,000 [in fact, 3210]
Please note that the above details were correct on the day this post was published. To suggest an update, please email the site's editor at firstname.lastname@example.org